Subject: Re: Lw Pro suggested topics (email address query)
From: "Daniel J. McCoy" <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 16:19:30 -0500

At 03:03 PM 12/28/95 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
>     How do we get addresses off of this list now that the list is masking 
>     everyone's email addresss?  Is the only way to ask garcia for the list 
>     of subscribers (forgot how to do that and I'll look it up ... unless 
>     davegod knows offhand!) I'd like to take some of the discussions to 
>     personal email, but it always takes this first touch base mail to get 
>     it started.  

The originator's e-mail address is given in the "From: " header line in the
messages.  Depending on what software you use to view your e-mail, this
information may or may not be stripped out (ie: I use Eudora and I see the
"From: " information.).  Since the list defaults such that replies go back
to the list, if I wanna reply privately, I just cut and paste the address in
the "From: " field and I'm set.  :)

Also, you can't look up who's subscribed.  :(  It's disabled.  Apparently,
and this came as a surprise to me but expected, there are some that capture
the list of subscribers from mailing lists to pop on "junk" e-mail mailing
lists.  Think of us having an "unlisted address" on this mailing list...  :)

My hats off to David.  Though the next LightSpeed video will show how much
hair is left after these Garcia.com goof-ups!  :)

Back to the eggnog...
Dan
--
Daniel J. McCoy - [email-masked] or [email-masked]
WWW - http://www.pacificnet.net/~djmccoy